Thank you for visiting audiencetools.io, an online service managed by Ticketbooth PTY LTD, located in Sydney, NSW. We respect and protect the privacy of our users.
By registering to the Site as a User, you consent to the collection and use of the information, including Personal Information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
What kinds of personal information does AudienceTools collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does AudienceTools collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- participate in an AudienceTools, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from AudienceTools;
- sign up to a waitlist or an event;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
How does AudienceTools hold personal information?
AudienceTools may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website (as described below in relation to "Cookies, Tracking and Advertising") or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
AudienceTools protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. Data collected online is stored in a two-step authenticated, encrypted private access only bucket. AudienceTools also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
AudienceTools (and Ticketbooth Pty Ltd) employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by AudienceTools as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing AudienceTools systems.
Your Personal Information even if collected by us in Australia may be transferred to and stored in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis). By registering as a user of and accessing our Site, you agree: to and authorise us giving your personal information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your personal information (Overseas Recipient); that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient*; and that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
What are the purposes for which AudienceTools may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, AudienceTools only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. The potential uses of personal information for which AudienceTools collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- verifying your identity;
- facilitating and responding to transactions that take place on our Site;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- providing you with information that you request from us;
- responding to support requests and helping to facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- monitoring activity on the Site, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the User terms and conditions that apply to the Site;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
We will also supply the information, including the Personal Information disclosed above to the companies who have initiated said promotions on our website and who have the right to use the AudienceTools solution for the purpose of initiating and managing promotional campaigns to increase event attendance.
We will not otherwise sell or make available your Personal Information to any other person or third party company outside of those mentioned above.
As noted later in this policy this information will be shared and may be used by parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliates for purposes consistent with this policy.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Who might AudienceTools disclose my personal information to?
AudienceTools may disclose your personal information:
- to promoters, venue operators and sponsors of events for which you purchase tickets. AudienceTools discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their events. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact us directly;
- to other Ticketbooth Pty Ltd companies and their contractors (such as data management providers). AudienceTools may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other Ticketbooth Pty Ltd companies, and enabling us and other Ticketbooth Pty Ltd companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests;
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. AudienceTools may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website such as the Adboost platform, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
Otherwise, AudienceTools will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
For each visitor to our website, our server automatically recognises and stores the visitor's IP address. Our website may also carry third party cookies, which automatically collect anonymous information from you, such as your demographics and interests. This information may be disclosed to third parties for the purpose of providing you, and others, with a more targeted event information and/or an enhanced advertising experience both on and off the AudienceTools website.
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-AudienceTools website, please understand that AudienceTools is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that AudienceTools holds about you and seek its correction. If you would like to access or correct the information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone at 1300 762 344
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 10 May 2017